Thursday 3 January 2013

REVIEW: The WonderHolder

Sometimes, driving can be a bore. I, personally, love to drive. But the experience is heightened by being able to play your favourite music through my car's speakers.

Maybe you aren't sure where you are driving to and so need a Sat-Nav; where can you place it?

Or sometimes you may receive a text and just need to glance at it, but obviously you are unable to as you are behind the wheel.

As far a novelty gift ideas go, this one is a peach.

Ladies and gentlemen; I present to you the WonderHolder.

Source: eBay

How does it work?

Well, I'm glad you asked. The WonderHolder works via a simple magnetic connection. As you can see from the image on the left, there is one large magnet that comes in the package. This has an adhesive back which will stick onto your dashboard and is incredibly difficult to remove (although fairly easy with adhesive remover and won't leave a mark). Within the package, you get three smaller magnets which you can stick to whichever electrical devices you require: Sat-Navs, mobile phones, iPods/MP3 players.

The magnets are a special design as to not affect the mechanics and electrics of your phone, iPod etc. so they will not be damaged by use of the WonderHolder.

Benefits?

There are many benefits. A Sat-Nav is a good example. Many people use them but struggle to find a place on the dashboard where to put it (plus those sucker-pad things are very awkward). The simple pull-off place-on nature of magnets make removing and placing your satellite navigation system as easy as pie (I've never made pie before, but trust the expression).

Another use could be with your iPod. As with all devices, your iPod will remain sturdy and in-position so you can view and change your songs quickly and safely. To do this, you will need some form of FM transmitter or USB connection to your car, but these cost in the region of £5-£10.

The final use, and my personal favourite, is to have my smartphone connected to the dashboard so that I can call people, as well as text - all voice activated (thanks Siri) - and play music through an FM transmitter. This makes my journeys more fun, comfortable and flexible, whilst remaining safe in the process.

How the WonderHolder works
Source: eBay

Negatives?

Do you see one? If I was being picky, the magnet isn't the strongest in the world. It suits my iPhone perfectly (don't sue me, Apple) and would happily fit a Sat-Nav, but if it's a larger phone then it may be marginally unstable. Put it this way, my iPhone hasn't fallen off yet, but it can slide down the magnet a little bit. (That may just be due to the FM transmitter hanging off it, though).

Conclusion and Rating

This is my first review and I have chosen a product that I have used for months. It is very reliable, efficient and aids my driving experience through its ability to allow me to use various technological devices, without hindering the control I have over my vehicle.

With all my review, I shall rate the product out of 10 via a FoggyRating.

FoggyRating: 9/10

For between £5-£8 (depending where you shop) you can't go wrong.

Thanks for reading!

And have a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment